SOCIAL MEDIA IS AN IMPORTANT TOOL FOR ALL SMALL BUSINESSES. HOWEVER, A MISCONCEPTION IS THAT ONCE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT THAT’S IT, YOU WON’T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE.
Social media, particularly for a small business, just venturing into the digital marketing arena does take a lot of work.
Five things you need to have in place BEFORE you send your first, Tweet, Update or Status
1. What do YOU want to accomplish both long-term and short-term
2. Do you know WHO you want to reach
3. What platforms are your target AUDIENCE using
4. Do you NEED to use Images, video or text
5. What can you LEGALLY(and ethically) share online (e.g. who you’re meeting and what advice can you give)
Once you know the answers to these questions you can start building your marketing plan
If you’re interested in hearing more about Social Media and how it can help your brand, feel free to connect with me on
About the author
Owner of Timesavers Digital Marketing Solutions Specialising in LinkedIn Marketing and Content Creation, Scott is always happy to answer questions and offer business advice.